It’s Been A Great Year for eXp Realty!
This is our second year at eXp Realty and after 25 years in the industry, we feel like we’ve come home! This company has turned the real estate business model on it’s head, offering agents the complete package. The brokerage model has really not changed since 1908…until now. Agent-ownership is changing the game, and it’s no surprise that our company nearly tripled in 2016! Here are some of the highlights of the year:
Highlights of eXp Realty in 2016
eXp Realty has come a LONG way in a short time! You can see it in the statistics:
- Last year eXp did 9500 sales transactions.
- Agent and Revenue Count went from $23 million to $54 million from 2015 to 2016.
- There was a massive spike in adjusted EBITDA (Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation and Amortization) with a 200% increase year over year from 2015 to 2016.
- The company had 1103 agents in January of 2016 and as of April, eXp has 3309 agents… 3X growth!!!
- eXp is the 11th largest brokerage in the country in terms of agent count.
- Top 10 brokerages in the country based on agent count… That’s right around the corner. This type of growth is not typical. We are a part of something amazing!
Growth: eXp Nearly Tripled!
eXp Realty is now in 42 states in the US and in Alberta, Canada and are considered one of the fastest growing real estate brokerages in North America. See the full article. As you look at the following graph, you see that we are right at the point where the line switches from horizontal to vertical…this is a pivatol time for a growing company.
Real Estate Sales:
Every quarter, sales grew, breaking eXp records almost every time. Many agents who joined us in the last year or two had their best year yet, thanks to the free KVcore lead generation tool, amazing training classes and the chance to collaborate with other agents around the country.
EXPI Stock…. off the charts!
As a publicly-traded company, eXp World Holdings, Inc. uniquely offers real estate professionals within its ranks opportunities to earn equity awards for production and contributions to overall company growth.
At the start of 2016, EXPI stock was at $0.84 and finished the year at c. $4.00. That’s almost a 500% increase in one year! Amazing! See how EXPI stock is trading.
Agent Benefits & Business Tools
eXp partnered with a company called Virbella to create an incredible new cloud office called EXP WORLD. They also announced a partnership with the powerful lead generation platform, Commissions Inc (CINC) – now agents will have KVcore to help them generate more leads and build their businesses and teams.
Director of Training, Brad Andersohn is heading up the world class online learning environment, RE Tech Campus. We have over 25 hours of training each week to choose from. Classes include blogging and social media masterminds, WordPress training, team building, and several areas of mastery of real estate business topics. The campus is open to all agents, no matter what the company affiliation.
Best Place to Work
eXp Realty was named in the”Top Places to Work” by The Washington Post, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution and The Oklahoman. One of the reasons is that our eXp office is actually virtual! We don’t have to get in the car, face morning traffic and add to the car exhaust on the roads to get to the office.We can grow our businesses, learn, collaborate and even excel in an online office environment.
eXp Realty recently put together an Agent Advisory Council (AAC) with 11 members. There is representation from across the country at all levels of the organization, demonstrating that the eXp Realty leadership team is committed to building a company the is guided by the voice of the agents, the owners of the company. Two members of the AAC serve on the eXp Board of Directors.
Top Real Estate Teams, Brokerages Joining eXp Realty:
The Company continues to attract top talent with its unique agent-centric model that allows agents and brokers to build their own businesses, while establishing a direct ownership interest the Company as a shareholder and partner.
- Brent Gove Team, with 20 members, Joins eXp Realty in Sacramento CA. One of the top Northern California teams joins eXp Realty after working with RE/MAX and Keller Williams. Brent Gove is a bestselling author, radio station host and one of the most motivated real estate professionals in the business.
“Only once previously, during the course of 19 years in this business, have I switched brokerages. …the opportunity to become an owner of eXp World Holdings and to be part of a community of agent-owners working closely together with systems and infrastructure that will allow us to continue to grow both as a team and as professionals – building relationships and organizations that span across borders. eXp Realty represents the best opportunity for us as a team and as individuals.” See the full press release.
- The Landmark Group in Boston, MA. Sharon and Stephen Koss started the “The Landmark Group” more than 30 years ago with RE/MAX. This powerhouse brand could have easily transitioned to their own brokerage, but here’s why Stephen and Sharon Koss joined eXp Realty:
“With eXp we have access to ground-breaking real estate technology to better serve our agents and clients. Most importantly though, we are able to thank our agents by providing them with the very same opportunities that we have — ownership as fellow shareholders able to build organizations within and across markets. While there are other companies in the industry that are publicly held, the driving force behind eXp’s public company status is to give direct ownership to its agents and brokers. That’s a game-changer for us.”
- Darren James Real Estate Experts in Baton Rouge, LA Darren and his team are based out of Baton Rouge and have received many awards and accolades over the years, including the 5000 fastest growing companies by Forbes Inc, ranked #51 by the Wall Street Journal and several others. Why did he join eXp Realty?
“The eXp Realty business model is more progressive and agent-centric than any I’ve seen in my 15 years in this business,” said James. “This is a tremendous opportunity, not just for me and for my family, but for all of the agents who have been great and loyal contributors to my success.”
- Burch & Co in Arkansas. Eric Burch and his team “Burch & Co” joined eXp Realty after several years with Century 21. They are ranked at the #2 Team in the state of Arkansas. More about Eric Burch & Company.
“We can provide better service to our clients and, importantly, the opportunity for true ownership to our agents.”
- Miguel Herrera Luxury Team in Texas. The top international luxury agent in South Texas, Miguel Herrera, joined eXp Realty, the Cloud Based Brokerage in 2016. After only six years in the real estate business, Miquel is already a recognized leader within and among the luxury agent community in San Antonion and South Texas. Learn more about this eXp Realty’s newest luxury real estate team.
eXp Realty Values
The company values of eXp to include Collaboration, Transparency, Integrity, Innovation, and we’re Agile and Fun! These overarching values can be broken down into three higher level values, Community, Service and Sustainability. In the words of the company founder, Glenn Sanford, “eXp is about building communities in service to others in a sustainable way.”
eXp Realty partnered with New Story, a charitable organization that builds homes in impoverished areas for just $6,000 each. Several homes and even whole communities have been built in Haiti, which has suffered greatly since the devastation of hurricane Matthew.
At our eXp convention last October, the leadership team announced that we are partnering with New Story to raise funds in what is certainly an important issue for the real estate professional, helping destitute people make a home.
About Chris Highland
Chris Highland is an Associate Broker and Branch Office Manger for eXp Realty in Maryland. Chris has over 26 years of experience in residential real estate sales in Central Maryland. Connect with Chris on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook. He is happy to answer any questions about eXp Realty. Chris Highland is an independent contractor of eXp Realty and this is not an official release of eXp Realty, its parent eXp World Holdings, Inc. or any related subsidiary.
LEARN MORE ABOUT EXP REALTY or call Chris Highland, 301-401-5119
Please note: This article is not an official EXP Realty publication.