I’m Loving It! So, I’m Sharing It!
We’ve been told and told again, video is the most important thing we need to be investing in for 2017. By 2018, 2/3 of online content will be video. Facebook Live is nagging me to “go live and let my friends know what’s going on.” I get it. But it’s not that easy.
I’m a fan of Snip.ly, it’s a tool that you can use to add a banner to any social media share, whether it’s your own article or another. But that’s a different blog post. Snip.ly just came out with a video-making tool that is seriously cool. I love it. Here’s a quick little video that took me about 30 minutes:
It’s just a quick little video I created from a blog post that I did…which was a blog post from content that NAR supplies in their Realtor Content Resources page. Normally, I like to create my own content, because it’s so much better for SEO. But I wanted to demonstrate how you can create great video with content from any source. You can create a video that is your very own, using any article, post or news feature, anywhere. The tool is Lumen5, a creation of Snip.ly. (Snip.ly is also a nice tool…more on it later)
First, Summarize Your Story
- Enter the link from a blog post or article. The entire article is brought in on the left half of the panel.
- Click on the sentences from the article that you want to have in the video. Each sentence will be a separate screen.
- When you finished your story, click continue.
Next, Create Your Scenes
- Choose images and video clips from the Creative Commons images that are suggested, or upload your own. You can do a search with other keywords to find more images. Click and drag them into the scene frames on the right side of the editor.
- You can edit the sentence and font color as you like. You can add and rearrange frames.
Save and Share Your Video
- When you are satisfied with the results, click continue. After the video is rendered, you can share it directly to Facebook and Twitter. You can also download it and upload to YouTube.
- In YouTube you can do extra editing. You can add your logo card, add contact information, intro, link to your website and more. More about YouTube Channel Features.
The video won’t win an oscar, but it will be a nice tool to add to your content arsenal. Enjoy!